Thursday, June 14, 2012

Let's just come clean and confess it now...


Okay so this week is the fifth week of my new diet.  I want to keep you all on the "up and up" and come clean with any challenges, crutches, constant battles with and anything else I may have left out in between.


So as of the week of May 14th I have had only a few downfalls.  Let's come clean with them!


Week 1: no food flaws, 2 ibuprofen first day due to a headache
Week 2: no food flaws, nothing ill to speak up, great week!
Week 3: no food flaws, nothing again to speak up that wasn't kosher
Week 4: 2 Tylenol, chocolate chip cookie, chocolate chip ice cream cone
Week 5: ginger-ale, plain pasta, chocolate chip cookie, slice of pizza (I had food poisoning/24-hour extended into 72-hour bug/virus)


Overall we can conclude that chocolate chip cookies, especially the ones at my job are my downfall.  They pretty much encompass all that is ill in my diet, namely SUGAR.  There is something that entrances me when I see them, smell them and eat them.  So delicious.  Second downfall as you can see if ice cream.  I think there may have been another Swirls and Scoops run that I reported earlier but not sure which week that fell into but either way it's out there and swirling around in my gut I am sure.  


As a look of hindsight, which we all know if 20/20 I feel like this isn't so bad.  From going to a full throttle pretty crappy, hand in the candy jar, fruity pebbles for breakfast and the occasional run to dunkin's, I don't think I am doing so bad.  


Granted I have lost about 5 solid pounds, which I hope to regain in muscle but I know that cutting back on junk food and day dreaming about sugary snacks has helped me be more clear, more present, and more aware of the choices that I think I want, and then what I really am satisfied with in the end.  There are so many vegetables that sometimes when they aren't your focus of the meal, you forget they exist.  Like when was the last time you had brussel sprouts, corn, okra, snap peas, you name it, vegetables are great.  


At the end of week 5 I am proud to say that I have not gone overboard, not binged on crazy drive-thrus and have stayed as true as I could and avoided most temptations.  


It's better to let people know that I have these weakness' and that it isn't so easy to go all paleo, all vegetarian, all veggies, no gluten, no sugar, no yeast all the time.  It is challenging.  But there is hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment