Thursday, May 17, 2012



Give me a "G!"  Give me a "Y!"  Give me a "P?"  Just give me something because I'm starving!!!!

Is it gluten-free? Is it the paleo-diet?  I am not sure, all I know is that I my diet must follow this criteria and I overwhelmed.  Where to start?
After receiving test results from my naturopath I left the office thinking, "what am I going to eat now?"  I hurried to work for the next 48-hrs and contemplated how best to approach this new finding at the age of 31.  I work pretty much at "thee worst place for decadent foods."  I was face to face with fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookies, tiramisu, pasta salads, danish and breakfast breads, you name it, it is there and covered in frosting or butter.  Needless to say I was faced with the small truth that although I am a "foodie" at heart, and know a gazillions things about anything or anyone that asks me for nutrition, health or dieting advice, I too have started eating pretty poorly.  
As I would begrudgingly walk past the cookies and hand out the pastries to our many guests I started to come up with a plan, to help not only myself, but all those other people in my life that constantly have a battle, crazy, love-hate relationship with food.  The best way to tackle all this new digging I would have to do was to "START A BLOG!"  
What better way to tell my future clients, this brand of pretzels is great, tastes great, low in sodium and is gluten, casein, wheat, milk and egg free.  Who knew?  So in helping myself I can help and teach others and have this blog to reference as a great tool!  
I hope to stay true to who I am in this as well, that is a promise I make to you.  I wont tell you product A is marvelous or great, when I haven't tasted it.  I wont tell you this brand of vitamins is the better product even though it was like taking horse pills.  I will do my best to share with you my personal experiences with food, nutrition, community, physical fitness, YOGA, meditation, designing your own life, telling your story and so much more!  
STAY TUNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment