Monday, May 21, 2012

Let's Review what we have eaten so far.....
Udi's gluten-free bagels.  I love Udi's absolutely hands down, but these for an egg-sandwich could have been better.  I would judge the consistency as more like an Angel  Food Cake than a bagel.  It was a white fluffy texture with a hard outer shell edge.  I was desperate for an egg sandwich and I had to suffer just a bit.  




Udi's Plain Bagels: 1/2 a happy carrot.


In terms of an entree' option, I chose Amy's Rice Macaroni & Cheese (fake cheese).  I, again, love Amy's Products.  She offers many rice products, dairy-free, gluten-free and yeast free options.  I particularly love her pizza's! (*more to come on those later)  I was really craving the typical pepper covered Kraft Mac n' Cheez, but I settled for my gut-friendly option of Amy's.


With each bite, I had to eat only one elbow at a time, due to the overwhelming rice-based cheese that is steaming from the dish.  It is a strong aroma that is a bit of a turn off for me.  Eating one elbow at a time allows me to stomach the dish.


Unsuccessfully I ate only a 1/2 a cup or 1/2 of the entree.  I doubt that I would purchase it again but will continue to look into Amy's products and see what else she has out there!  I am keeping my eyes and ears open and hoping to find something, at least one thing, that resembles junk food but obeys all the "home run" rules for my gut.  Along this journey I will surely be up for any comments and ideas from all of you!


Åmy's Rice Mac n' Cheez: 1 bad carrot.


At the end of the day there are worse things than not having the "perfect junk food option" that obeys the "home run" rules.  Amongst other things I did find a great option for a gluten, corn, dairy, soy, yeast, nut, rice-FREE website.  It is called "Breads from Anna."  It has an incredible selection of breads offered with every allergy considered.  It appears to be a great site, please check it out.  https://breadsfromanna.com/
$7.42 per order for the banana bread loaf seems pretty affordable and the "home run" qualities seemed to be fulfilled, we may just have to work on the "Nom-nom" of the product.

*Nom-nom: the taste, the zest, the flavor that bursts at the seams; full of juicy goodness.
*Home run qualities: meets the criteria of dairy, gluten, yeast-free diet of the author!

I hope you all enjoyed your Monday today folks and be on the look out for some up and coming guests that will share their dailies with you all in this 3 meal a day life we all lead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment